$16-$19 an hour
3 days Remote Work from Home and 2 days In-Office
Monday-Friday with flexible hours 8:00 AM – 6:00 PM
Our mission of providing care to the world at a moment's notice is at the heart of everything we do. We are caregivers, first and foremost, and we will be there when you need us.
With more than 38,000 employees, Global Medical Response teams deliver compassionate, quality medical care, primarily in the areas of emergency and patient relocation services around the world. We provide end-to-end medical transportation as well as fire services, integrated healthcare solutions and disaster response.
The Medical Billing Follow-Up Specialist must have experience working with one or multiple payer sources such as Medicare, Medicaid, and Commercial Insurances. A successful candidate should have a strong attention to detail, have effective communication skills as well as a proven track record of resolving Insurance Denials and collecting on Accounts Receivable. All tasks must be performed in a timely manner in accordance with Billing Office practices, policies and procedures.
**Partial Remote Work from Home 3 days a week after initial 60-90 day training period**
Complete follow-up of claims on a timely basis according to the productivity goals set for the
- Meet daily and monthly departmental production goals set forth by the supervisor to ensure that the company is achieving its financial goals
- Review and analyze claim denials in order to perform the appropriate reconsideration or appeals necessary for reimbursement
- Submits appeals with supporting documentation according to the payer-specific denial reasons and procedures
- Proactively work with supervisor to develop additional strategies where challenges arise
- Identify, document and communicate trends in payer denials/non-payment tactics. Recommend process improvements or system edits to eliminate future denials
- Pursue unpaid accounts by telephone or portal inquiry to determine status of payment in accordance with department follow-up timelines
- Provide feedback to management regarding any patterns of payer denials or repetitive insurance verification, coding or billing errors that may be encountered during the billing/follow-up process
- Review assigned work list and aging reports to resolve accounts which have not been paid in the appropriate time frame, based on payer contracts and guidelines
- Comprehensively document all account activity in an accurate and timely manner for all touches made on any patient account
- Make inquiries via telephone, mail and fax or electronically through payer websites or email for follow-up of unresolved accounts
- Contact patient for additional information when necessary
- Resubmit claims to payers as necessary electronically, fax or paper
- Other duties as assigned
- 1+ years of Medical Billing experience working with Commercial Insurances, Medicare or Medicaid
- High School Diploma; prefer some college or specialty training in medical billing or equivalent job relevant experience
Demonstrated Job-Related Skills/Competencies
A successful candidate will be able to work independently and in a fast-paced team environment, have the experience to operate multiple computer applications, have strong experience with Microsoft Word and Excel, be able to communicate verbally and in writing, and perform at a high quality in a high-volume setting. Most importantly, he or she must possess the skills to accurately analyze and research complex patient accounts, thus leading to the appropriate actions to resolve the account in a professional manner.
- Daily in-office screening including temperature checks
- Social distancing guidelines
- Face mask requirements
- Increased sanitizing procedures
- Virtual interview process
WORKING CONDITIONS AND PHYSICAL REQUIREMENTS
The working conditions as well as physical and mental demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform essential functions.
- Regularly required to reach with hands and arms; speak and hear
- Frequently required to sit for long periods of time
- Occasionally required to stand and walk
- Talk/Hear – must be able to communicate, detect, converse with, convey, express oneself, exchange and process information independently
- Adequate concentration/memory skills
- Ability to comprehend and understand information
- Ability to take constructive feedback
- Meet project deadlines
- Interpersonal communication skills
- Ability to apply good judgement
- Decision making
- Ability to take direction
GUIDING VALUES AND BEHAVIORS
Employee must consistently exhibit our guiding principles:
- Patient Care - We continually earn the privilege to care for our patients. It is at the forefront of everything we do.
- One Team - We respect each other and achieve together what no individual can alone.
- Innovation - We are driven to develop solutions that inspire progress.
- Vigilance - We will never waver in our commitment to safety and preparedness in the fulfillment of our duties.
- Ownership - We are accountable for what we do and take pride in how we do it.
- Citizenship - We are dedicated to being good stewards in the communities we serve.