We invite you to join a team of highly skilled Human Resource professionals! Our mission of providing care to the world at a moment's notice is at the heart of everything we do. We are caregivers, first and foremost and we will be there when you need us. With more than 38,000 employees, Global Medical Response teams deliver compassionate, quality medical care, primarily in the areas of emergency and patient relocation services around the world. We provide end-to-end medical transportation as well as fire services, integrated healthcare solutions and disaster response.
Direct the development of Human Resources strategies and programs and ensure coordination with national strategies. The major areas covered are organizational planning and development, affirmative action, employee relations, compensation, and labor relations. Originate Human Resource practices and objectives that will provide a balanced program throughout all regions. Coordinate implementation through Human Resource staff. Assist and advise senior management on related matters in a proactive, collaborative manner.
• Formulate and recommend Human Resource strategies, policies and objectives for the region that drive business performance and employee satisfaction.
• Determine and recommend employee relations practices necessary to establish a positive employer-employee relationship and promote a high level of employee morale.
• Identify legal requirements and government reporting regulations affecting Human Resource function (e.g., EEO, ERISA, Wage & Hour). Monitor exposure to the company. Direct the preparation of information requested or required for compliance. Approve all information submitted. Function as primary contact with labor counsel and outside government agencies.
• Protect the interests of employees and the company in accordance with company and Human Resource policies/procedures and governmental laws and regulations. Approve recommendations for terminations of senior level employees. Review employee appeals through complaint procedure. Ensure all other terminations are first approved by the respective RCEO or delegate.
• Maintain caregiver compensation programs to include incentive pay where applicable and monitor for effectiveness. Run proposed incentive plans by VP, Compensation and Benefits for preapproval.
• Ensure championing of all national HR programs. Conduct regular site reviews to gauge program effectiveness and compliance (no less than every site one time annually).
• Direct a process of organizational development that primarily addresses succession planning throughout the company. Coordinate activities across region lines. Evaluate plans and changes to plans. Make recommendations to senior management.
• Ensure wage and salary structure, pay policies, performance appraisal programs, employee benefit programs and services are established and maintained according to regional and national practice. Monitor for effectiveness and cost containment on a regular basis.
• Responsible for mentoring, conducting performance evaluations, counseling and providing corrective actions to assigned personnel with a goal of developing a team oriented approach with positive results. Comply with all employment laws and support affirmative action/equal opportunity goals.
• Conduct annual wage surveys for non-exempts during spring of every year and budget for following fiscal year no later than April 30th. Wage recommendations from surveys to be approved by respective RCEO or designee prior to implementation.
• Ensure standard recruiting and placement practices and procedures are established and maintained using national competency based programs.
• Ensure in-house leadership training programs that address company needs across region lines are established and maintained.
• Conduct a continuing study of all Human Resource policies, programs, and practices to keep top management informed of new developments.
• Participate on the Regional KPI Call in order to understand operational challenges and identify opportunities to partner where appropriate.
• Prepare and/or distribute periodic reports to regional management and discuss with them including, but not limited to monthly attrition reports, LOAs, exit interview summaries, etc. Provide regular follow up and coaching where necessary on such information.
• In conjunction with National VP, Labor Relations develop and execute proactive labor strategies that enhance employee morale, meet financial needs of AMR, and provide a consistent strategy.
• Keep Regional CEO and National SVP of HR informed of significant problems that jeopardize the achievement of objectives, and those that are not being addressed adequately at the line management level.
• Champion affirmative action efforts in all aspects of employment, including but not limited to staffing, training, promotion, etc. Responsible for compliance with and enforcement of company/department policies and procedures.
Experience: A minimum of four (4) years experience in human resource leadership positions overseeing multiple locations. Experience in organizational planning, compensation, preventive labor relations and union negotiations required. Affiliations with successful companies who practice effective Human Resource. Generalist background with broad knowledge of employment, compensation, organizational planning, employee relations, and training and development
Education: BS/BA or equivalent in Human Resources, Masters preferred.
People oriented and results driven
Strong management skills-principles and people.
Effective oral, written communication and interpersonal skills.
Strong working knowledge of MS Office Suite.
In-depth knowledge of various human resources metrics
In-depth knowledge of labor law and HR best practices
Excellent written and verbal communication skills
Excellent communication, interpersonal and presentation skills
Strong decision-making and problem solving skills
GUIDING VALUES AND BEHAVIORS
Employee must consistently exhibit our guiding principles:
• Patient Care - We continually earn the privilege to care for our patients. It is at the forefront of everything we do.
• One Team - We respect each other and achieve together what no individual can alone.
• Innovation - We are driven to develop solutions that inspire progress.
• Vigilance - We will never waver in our commitment to safety and preparedness in the fulfillment of our duties.
• Ownership - We are accountable for what we do and take pride in how we do it.
• Citizenship - We are dedicated to being good stewards in the communities we serve.
Global Medical Response and its family of companies are an Equal Opportunity Employer including Veterans and Disabled